Grandma's Country Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you like the classic, creamy taste of a simple, made-from-scratch mashed potatoes recipe, then you're going to love Grandma's Country Mashed Potatoes. This amazing side dish is a great example of why we love it when Grandma's in the kitchen!
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place potatoes in a soup pot with just enough water to cover. Place lid loosely on pot, bring to a boil over high heat, and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until fork-tender. Using the lid, drain potatoes and place pot back on heat 1 minute to make sure all water is gone.
- Add remaining ingredients; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
- Most of us think mashed potatoes are a "must" on all Thanksgiving tables, but some of us like other potato choices! If you'd like another option, try our French Roasted Potatoes -- they're delicious!
- Looking for more recipes with buttermilk? Our Best Buttermilk Recipes: 12 Recipes with Buttermilk can help you!
- Plus, don't forget to top this off with our Back-to-Basics Brown Gravy!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 275
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 6.2g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 5.7g 11 %
- Cholesterol 27mg 9 %
- Sodium 414mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 43g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 2.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The "butter tart" is considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts, and with good reason! All it takes is just one bite to understand what makes these so special. The pastry is super flaky, the filling is butter-rich, and together...they're amazing! Our recipe for Canada Tarts is one you'll want to add to your recipe box!