Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Italian Countryside Dumplings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've managed to put all of your favorite Italian flavors into these easy, homemade cheese dumplings that we know you're going to love. Our Italian Countryside Dumplings are just waiting to be enjoyed by your whole famiglia (that's family in Italian!).
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 pound prosciutto or ham, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, egg yolk, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Stir in prosciutto and basil. Add 1 cup flour and stir just until combined and mixture forms a ball. (Mixture will be soft.)
- Dust baking sheets with flour. Drop a teaspoonful of dough onto baking sheet in an oval shape. Repeat with remaining dough. (You will get approximately 60.) Lightly dust with more flour.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, drop about 15 dough balls. When dough rises to top of water, cook another 4 minutes, or until no longer gummy in center. Using a slotted spoon, remove dumplings to a bowl. Repeat with remaining dough balls until all are cooked.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add dumplings, garlic, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until dumplings start to brown, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.