Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Mediterranean Lentils and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Savor the flavors of the Mediterranean in every bite of this hearty side dish. Increase the serving size, and the protein-packed dish becomes a meatless entrèe.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup converted long-grain rice
- 2 (14-ounce) cans seasoned chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
What to Do
- Place lentils in a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover with water 2 inches above lentils; let soak 8 hours. Drain and rinse; return lentils to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle lentils with salt and rosemary. Layer onion over lentils; then add rice. Pour broth over layers.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 4 hours. Uncover and stir in tomatoes. Cover and cook on LOW setting 45 more minutes or until lentils are tender and liquid is almost absorbed. Gently stir in olives and cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 317
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 3.1g 16 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 15g 29 %
- Cholesterol 17mg 6 %
- Sodium 1,258mg 52 %
- Total Carbohydrates 51g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 12g 48 %
- Sugars 4.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We teamed a pasta salad with a tuna salad to come up with this dish that's summertime-perfect and very budget-friendly. Our Tuna Twist is a new take on an old recipe that's great for a light summer dinner. Or you can take this tuna pasta salad to a picnic or potluck (where it'll be the first thing to disappear!).