Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Mexican Cornbread-Stuffed Poblanos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This one-dish meal has it all. Your veggies, protein, and bread are all accounted for in one tasty serving. The only other ingredient you'll need is a cold drink!
What You'll Need
- 5 large poblano chile peppers
- 3/4 cup Mexican-style cornbread mix with jalapeno peppers
- 2/3 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
What to Do
- Cut off top quarter of peppers, and discard. Remove and discard seeds and membranes to create shells. Rinse peppers, and drain. Place peppers cut side up in a circular pattern around the edge of a large round microwave-safe platter. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes; drain.
- Combine cornbread mix and remaining 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon cornbread mixture into peppers. Arrange peppers in a lightly greased 6-quart oval slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 hours.