Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Perfect Christmas Stuffing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe may have some ingredients that aren't in your current Christmas stuffing recipe, but they really should be! Whip up some Perfect Christmas Stuffing this year. We deemed it perfect for a reason and we're sure it won't disappoint!
What You'll Need
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package ground pork sausage
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots, cooked according to package directions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden.
- Add sausage and mushrooms, and saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until sausage is browned and mushrooms are tender; drain, if necessary, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken broth, stuffing mix, and almonds, if desired; mix well. Add remaining 7 tablespoons melted butter, the sausage mixture and egg; mix well.
- Spoon into an 8-cup oven-proof holiday mold (see note). Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 to 30 more minutes, or until heated through and top is lightly browned. Remove from mold and place on serving platter. Decorate with peas and carrots, and serve.
Make it Holiday Festive:
You can bake this in any type of oven-proof shaped Christmas mold. It's nice to use a Christmas tree mold and decorate the tree with cooked frozen peas and carrots.