Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Potato Pockets are sort of like shortcut pierogies. We stuff biscuit dough with a buttery mixture of mashed potatoes and onion before baking them up until they're golden brown and delicious. They're great for snacking on or serving at a party with your favorite dipping sauce!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) refrigerator buttermilk biscuits
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and saute onions 6 to 8 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, salt, pepper, and onions; mix well.
- Separate each biscuit and flatten. Place a heaping tablespoon of the potato mixture into the center of each biscuit. Fold biscuit dough in half to form a half-circle and pinch the edges together with your fingers. Bake on a cookie sheet for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
If you want to jazz up the flavor a little, add 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder along with the other seasonings.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 123
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 2.2g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.2g 4 %
- Cholesterol 5.0mg 2 %
- Sodium 400mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 2.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.