Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Speedy Black Beans 'n' Mexican Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're short on time but need an easy Mexican side dish recipe to cook up for dinner, then this one for Speedy Black Beans 'n' Mexican Rice is exactly what you've been looking to try. Ready in under 10 minutes, Mexican recipes don't get much simpler than this. Whether you're making tacos, quesadillas, burritos, or something else entirely, this is just the recipe you need to make that meal pitch perfect.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pound read-to-serve Mexican rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
What To Do:
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Combine black beans and green chilies in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 90 seconds. Stir in rice and cilantro. Serve immediately with desired toppings such as sour cream, salsa, diced tomato, or shredded Cheddar cheese.
Beef up this dish by substituting a pound of cooked lean ground beef for the black beans and 1 cup salsa for the green chilies. Prepare the recipe as directed, omitting the toppings. Serve with corn chips or in lettuce leaves, if desired. This recipe will make 4 servings.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.