Sweet Potato and Cherry Surprise
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I wasn't sure whether to put this in the side dish or dessert section, but since my family loved having it along with their dinner, here it is! It's a thumbs-up winner either way.
What You'll Need
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) yams, drained
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Nonstick cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine the yams, egg whites, brown sugar, and cinnamon; mash until well mixed. Spoon half of the mixture into a 10-inch deep-dish pie pan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray, spreading evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the pan, creating a "crust". Pour the cherry pie filling into the "crust", then cover with the remaining yam mixture. Spray the top of the pie with vegetable spray and bake on the middle oven rack for 55 to 60 minutes, or until set and the top is golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.