Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Sweet Potato and Pear Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Talk about scrumptious! There aren't enough m's in "Mmm" to describe this autumn favorite! (Although with so much of today's produce available almost year-round, it fits in any season.)
What You'll Need
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked, and mashed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 (16-ounce) can pear halves, syrup reserved
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In the prepared baking dish, combine the potatoes, 3 tablespoons melted butter, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium saucepan, blend the honey, the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, orange peel, and 3 tablespoons of the reserved pear syrup; bring to a boil. Arrange the pear halves over the potato mixture, then pour the honey mixture over.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden.
If you're looking for more great holiday side dishes like this one, check out our FREE eCookbook, Thanksgiving Side Dishes: 35 Family-Favorite Recipes for Thanksgiving Sides.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the root vegetables are on sale at your market, you've got to fill up a few bags, 'cause you're going to need them to make this recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables. Roasted vegetables are good as-is, but by tossing them in just a little olive oil and adding some basic seasonings, we really enhance their flavors!