Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Sweet 'n' Spicy Black Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's time to shake up your dinner menu, and these sweet 'n' spicy black beans are just the side dish to do it! You can throw them together in no time to accompany practically any main dish.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and jalapeño peppers, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well, and continue cooking over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
I like to serve these over warm cooked rice, garnished with ripe banana slices and mango cubes.