We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that authentic Turkish Rice Pilaf is a bit sticky? Well, it is. So, for a nice change of pace, why not give this one a try...I bet your guests stick around for more!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter or margarine
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup0
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1 large tomato, cubed (about 1-1/4 cup)
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain or brown rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (10½ ounces) chicken broth (1¼ cups)
- 3/4 cup water
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the green pepper and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring until blended.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until all the water is evaporated.
No fresh mushrooms? Use a 4- to 6-ounce can of sliced mushrooms...just drain them first. No green pepper? Try diced zucchini.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.