We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that authentic Turkish Rice Pilaf is a bit sticky? Well, it is. So, for a nice change of pace, why not give this one a try...I bet your guests stick around for more!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter or margarine
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup0
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1 large tomato, cubed (about 1-1/4 cup)
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain or brown rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (10½ ounces) chicken broth (1¼ cups)
- 3/4 cup water
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the green pepper and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring until blended.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until all the water is evaporated.
No fresh mushrooms? Use a 4- to 6-ounce can of sliced mushrooms...just drain them first. No green pepper? Try diced zucchini.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Pull-Apart Cheese Bread is great for a movie night at home with some friends and family. That's 'cause this pull-apart bread is made with delicious and irresistible ingredients, like two kinds of melted cheese and yummy buttermilk biscuits. Just don't blame us if this recipe steals the show!