Whipped Potatoes Surprise
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This out-of-the-ordinary version of creamy mashed potatoes has a lot of pluses added in to make it special. Try our Whipped Potatoes Surprise as a tasty alternative to plain mashed potatoes, and savor the difference.
What You'll Need
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 3 pounds)
- 6 medium-sized parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized onions, peeled and cut into 8 wedges each
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place potatoes, parsnips, onions, and garlic in a soup pot and add enough water to cover. Cover pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and cook 18 to 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add sour cream, salt, and pepper, and beat 3 to 4 minutes, or until creamy.
It's no problem making Whipped Potatoes Surprise a day or two before serving. Just keep it ready in the fridge so all you have to do is heat in the microwave for a few minutes before mealtime.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spice to your life with our recipe for Sriracha Short Ribs! These short ribs are cooked till they're fall-apart tender and then slathered with a delicious sauce made from Sriracha sauce, honey, and lime juice. The results are absolutely mouthwatering!