Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Whipped Potatoes Surprise
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This out-of-the-ordinary version of creamy mashed potatoes has a lot of pluses added in to make it special. Try our Whipped Potatoes Surprise as a tasty alternative to plain mashed potatoes, and savor the difference.
What You'll Need
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 3 pounds)
- 6 medium-sized parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized onions, peeled and cut into 8 wedges each
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place potatoes, parsnips, onions, and garlic in a soup pot and add enough water to cover. Cover pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and cook 18 to 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add sour cream, salt, and pepper, and beat 3 to 4 minutes, or until creamy.
It's no problem making Whipped Potatoes Surprise a day or two before serving. Just keep it ready in the fridge so all you have to do is heat in the microwave for a few minutes before mealtime.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was under lock and key with our Test Kitchen supervisor for years. It was a family recipe and she finally did share it with us. So, here you go. Make sure you let us know how much you like Cold Fudge Cake in the recipe comments below.