The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Candy Bar Angel
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is one of our favorites. It's a cool and creamy pudding-pleaser of a dessert. And if you wanna make a banana cream version, go ahead!
What You'll Need
- 3 (1.4 ounces each) chocolate-covered toffee candy bars (like Skor or Heath bars)
- 1 (12 ounces) packaged angel food cake
- 1 (5 ounces) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounces) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Crush candy bars in a food processor, or gently tap wrapped bars with a hammer or some other heavy object. Shred or crumble angel food cake into small pieces and put into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Mix pudding according to package directions, adding vanilla extract.
- Spoon pudding over shredded cake, spread whipped topping over the pudding, and sprinkle crushed candy bars over the top.
- Serve immediately or chill before serving.
For a different taste, we often use banana pudding instead of vanilla and add a layer of sliced bananas over the pudding. And if you want to use 4 candy bars instead of 3, that's fine, too.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 423
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19g 29 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 58 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.9g 12 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 454mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 59g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 1 %
- Sugars 40g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.