The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Candy Bar Angel
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is one of our favorites. It's a cool and creamy pudding-pleaser of a dessert. And if you wanna make a banana cream version, go ahead!
What You'll Need
- 3 (1.4 ounces each) chocolate-covered toffee candy bars (like Skor or Heath bars)
- 1 (12 ounces) packaged angel food cake
- 1 (5 ounces) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounces) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Crush candy bars in a food processor, or gently tap wrapped bars with a hammer or some other heavy object. Shred or crumble angel food cake into small pieces and put into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Mix pudding according to package directions, adding vanilla extract.
- Spoon pudding over shredded cake, spread whipped topping over the pudding, and sprinkle crushed candy bars over the top.
- Serve immediately or chill before serving.
For a different taste, we often use banana pudding instead of vanilla and add a layer of sliced bananas over the pudding. And if you want to use 4 candy bars instead of 3, that's fine, too.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 423
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19g 29 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 58 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.9g 12 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 454mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 59g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 1 %
- Sugars 40g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!