The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're craving the classic tastes of the good old days, this bread pudding recipe will do the trick. Our Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding is made the same way that Grandma used to make it and boy is it good!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups soft bread cubes (about 5 slices bread)
- 1/2 cup raisins
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place butter in a small bowl. Scald milk (heat it to just below boiling), and pour it over the butter; stir to mix well.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Gradually stir in milk mixture then stir in sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Place bread cubes and raisins in a 1-1/2-quart baking dish; pour in milk mixture. Stir gently to evenly moisten bread. Set baking dish in a larger pan; add hot water to larger pan to come about halfway up sides of baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until knife inserted into pudding comes out clean. Serve warm or cold.
- You know what would go great with this old-fashioned bread pudding? Real maple syrup, like the kind that many of us grew up on. There's nothing like it, and it's great for topping bread pudding recipes like this one. (It's also good on French toast, pancakes, and waffles!)
- Fancy up your bread pudding by adding chopped fruit, like apples, peaches, pears, or even cherries!
- Want even more of the best pudding recipes? Check 'em out in our free eCookbook, The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 294
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 6.6g 33 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 7.3g 15 %
- Cholesterol 89mg 30 %
- Sodium 338mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 42g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5 %
- Sugars 29g 0 %