The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Coconut Pecan Parfait
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Appearances do count, 'cause even the simplest of desserts looks dressed up in the right serving dishes. We prove it with our Coconut Pecan Parfait.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted (see Note)
- 1 (6-serving) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling, prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted (see Note)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine toasted coconut and the pudding; mix well.
- Spoon half the mixture evenly into 6 to 8 parfait glasses. Sprinkle half the pecans evenly over the pudding then repeat layers.
- Cover loosely and chill for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
To toast the coconut and pecans, spread them in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees F. for 7 to 9 minutes, or until golden, stirring halfway through toasting. (Keep an eye on them because they may be ready sooner, and keeping them in the oven for too long will get you over-done or burned coconut and nuts!) Allow to cool completely before using.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?