The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Coconut Pecan Parfait
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Appearances do count, 'cause even the simplest of desserts looks dressed up in the right serving dishes. We prove it with our Coconut Pecan Parfait.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted (see Note)
- 1 (6-serving) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling, prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted (see Note)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine toasted coconut and the pudding; mix well.
- Spoon half the mixture evenly into 6 to 8 parfait glasses. Sprinkle half the pecans evenly over the pudding then repeat layers.
- Cover loosely and chill for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
To toast the coconut and pecans, spread them in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees F. for 7 to 9 minutes, or until golden, stirring halfway through toasting. (Keep an eye on them because they may be ready sooner, and keeping them in the oven for too long will get you over-done or burned coconut and nuts!) Allow to cool completely before using.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!