The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Old-Fashioned Steamed Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Just what is mincemeat? The modern-day version is a combo of spices, nuts, and chopped fruits. The flavor is old-fashioned but our Old-Fashioned Steamed Pudding recipe fits our today tastes to a 'T'.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 (20-1/2-ounce) container mincemeat with rum and brandy
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
What to Do
- Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan or tube pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, milk, and eggs until well combined. Add remaining ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Fill a large soup pot halfway with hot water and place the pan in the pot. Cover and cook over medium heat for 2-1/2 hours. Remove pan from pot and allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Uncover and invert pudding onto a serving platter. Serve warm, or allow to cool before serving.
This is great served as is, but if you wanna kick it up a notch, serve it with our elegant Easy Rum Sauce.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 529
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31g 48 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 59 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 7.0g 14 %
- Cholesterol 104mg 35 %
- Sodium 353mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 57g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 38g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.