Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love making bread pudding in the slow cooker, and this Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding is no exception! Butterscotch chips and pecans add an extra-special touch that's sure to please.
What You'll Need
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (1-pound) cinnamon-raisin bread loaf, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips (see Note)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
What to Do
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in milk and next 3 ingredients. Add bread cubes, stirring until moistened. Stir in butterscotch chips and pecans. Pour into a lightly greased 4-quart round slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 2 hours or until center is set. Carefully remove slow cooker insert from heat element. Let stand, covered, 30 minutes. Serve pudding warm with whipped cream, if desired.
For more cinnamon flavor, you can substitute an equal amount of cinnamon chips for the butterscotch chips. Cinnamon chips tend to be a seasonal item -- available only during the holiday months -- so, if you love 'em, stock up.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check our collection of Dessert Ideas: Top 9 Recipes with Cinnamon.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.