Dry Barbecue Rub
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 cup
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Add a hickory smoke or mesquite flavor to any of your grilled favorites with our easy-as-can-be Dry Barbecue Rub.
What You'll Need
- 1 (2-ounce) jar hickory-smoked, mesquite barbecue or mesquite grill seasoning
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons whole mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
What to Do
- Combine ingredients in a bowl or a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid; mix well then spread onto or rub into meat anytime from 5 hours before cooking right up to just before cooking.
- Cook meat as desired. If not using right away, except for recipes that require refrigeration, store the rub in an airtight container in a cool, dry place until ready to use. For recipes that require refrigeration, mix as above, cover, and chill until ready to use.
- Discard leftover rubs that have come in contact with raw meat.
Makes 1 cup barbecue rub.
Cover and refrigerate any unused rub for future use.