Fiesta Marinara Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Yes, sirree...this is one of my favorite examples of cross-cultural cooking. I love the full, fresh flavor of Italian red sauce combined with the zest of Mexican red sauces.
What You'll Need
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) tomato purée
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes about 4 cups.
Serve over pasta and top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese for a real "south of the border" pasta fiesta.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This cookie recipe combines two of Mrs. Claus' holiday favorites: gingerbread and eggnog! Mrs. Claus' Holiday Cookie Cups look great on a Christmas cookie platter, but they taste even better. After all, what could be better than a gingerbread cup filled with a fluffy eggnog cream? (Rumor has it that Santa and the elves really love these!)