We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Homemade jelly can be so easy! And this one's both sweet and spicy for a nice change of pace.
What You'll Need
- 2 medium-sized green bell peppers, chopped
- 14 jalapeño peppers (about 1/2 pound), stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 package (6 ounces ) liquid pectin
- 1/4 teaspoon green food color (optional)
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine all the ingredients except the pectin and food color. Bring to a rolling boil for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the pectin, return the mixture to a boil for 2 to 3 more minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and strain, discarding the pepper pieces. Place in a large bowl and add the food color, if desired; mix until well blended.
- Allow to gel at room temperature then place in airtight glass or plastic containers and store in the refrigerator. (It should last for months this way.)
Makes 6 cups.
My favorite way to eat this jelly is on a cracker with cream cheese. Oh - liquid pectin can usually be found in the supermarket produce section or near the jellies and jams or the baking ingredients.