We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 1/2 cups
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Sure, jams, jellies, and preserves used to be an old standby gift, but they haven't been popular in recent years since everybody thinks they take so long to make. Well, not now! Let's try a new flavor and a new method. The name of this lemon-flavored spread may throw you, but go for it 'cause the taste is anything but ordinary.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 4 eggs, beaten
What to Do
- In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except eggs over low heat and cook 5 minutes, or until butter has melted.
- Slowly whisk eggs into mixture and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until lemon curd is thick enough to coat a spoon.
- Place in clean jars or bowl, cover, and chill for at least 2 hours, or until cool before serving. Store in refrigerator.
If you want to store and give this in canning jars, cover the top of each with a circle of cloth and tie with a ribbon; it makes such a pretty gift! Lemon curd can be used as a filling for cakes or cookies or simply as a toast spread. I bet you'll come up with a few more yummy uses for it, too!