Barbecue Chicken Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What would we do without the convenience of a market rotisserie chicken? Any busy person knows that this little secret weapon is the shortcut to lots of homemade meals, like our sink-your-teeth-into-it Barbecue Chicken Sandwich.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup pepper jelly
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (3-4 pound) cooked rotisserie chicken, pulled and shredded
- 4 to 5 crusty rolls
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook 15 minutes or until caramelized, stirring frequently. Add barbecue sauce, jelly, water, and brown sugar; stir until jelly is melted.
- Stir in chicken and cook until heated through. Spoon over rolls and serve immediately.
Serve this up with nice, juicy slices of watermelon. For more information, click here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.
- Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- Italian Antipasto Grilled Cheese
- Deli-Style Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Roast Pork Sandwiches
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Spinach and Cheese Stromboli