Chicken Parmigiana Melts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll love this Italian breaded, juicy, oven baked chicken that's smothered in spaghetti sauce and melted mozzarella. Our Chicken Parmigiana Melts are done in 20 minutes and make a great weekday lunch or dinner! Don't you love Italian made easy?
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 hoagie rolls, split
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs and olive oil. Place bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in another shallow dish; mix well.
- Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture then into bread crumbs, pressing down to coat completely. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet and spray top of chicken with cooking spray.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until no pink remains. Place 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese on each chicken breast and cook 5 more minutes. Serve over toasted hoagie rolls.
Many of us remember these from when we were kids but, in those days, they were fried, not baked. Baking them cuts about 120 calories and 13 grams of fat per cutlet, but we still get the same great taste!