Fancied-Up French Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Traditionally, French dip sandwiches are pretty simple: lots of thinly sliced roast beef inside a French baguette. In our recipe for Fancied-Up French Dip we took this classic comfort food and elevated it by including some flavorful veggies, like kale sprouts and roasted red bell peppers. You won't believe how great this tastes!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 20 lollipop kale sprouts, washed and dried very well
- Salt for sprinkling
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/3 cup sliced roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 4 hoagie rolls, split in half
What to Do
- In a deep saucepan over medium heat, heat oil until hot.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; mix well. Coat lollipop kale sprouts with flour mixture.
- Place lollipop kale sprouts in oil and fry 1 to 2 minutes, or until crispy. Remove with slotted spoon to paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle lightly with salt and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, bring broth, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper to a boil. Reduce heat to low, then add roast beef. Cook 1 minute, or until beef is warmed through.
- Place beef evenly in each roll, then top with roasted red peppers and fried lollipop kale sprouts. Serve with broth in a bowl for dunking.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spookiness to your Halloween party fare with our recipe for Cookie Eyeballs. These cookie balls are so easy and fun to make, you'll want the kids and grand kids to help. Once they're done, everyone will enjoy these ghostly, "eye popping" treats!