Overstuffed Grilled Veggie Hoagie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What do you do when you've got fresh veggies on hand, and a grill that's hot and ready? You make our Overstuffed Grilled Veggie Hoagie! Tender and caramelized veggies are the star in this zingy sandwich recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 portobello mushroom caps
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 red onion, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 (16-ounce) jar Italian mix giardiniera, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 6 slices provolone cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 (16-ounce) French bread, cut in half lengthwise
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Lightly brush vegetables with oil mixture.
- Place vegetables on grill and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender, turning them over once during grilling. Once grilling is complete, slice mushrooms.
- Layer bottom half of bread with eggplant, mushroom slices, red bell pepper, onion, giardiniera vegetables, and olives. Drizzle with remaining oil and place cheese on top. Cover with bread top, press down, and slice into quarters.
- Hope you left room for dessert, 'cause we suggest you grill up our Grilled Pineapple while you've got the barbecue all warmed up!
- No grill? No problem! You can cook up these vegetables easy by placing them on a baking sheet and roasting them for 25 - 30 minutes at 375 degrees or until tender.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.