Overstuffed Grilled Veggie Hoagie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What do you do when you've got fresh veggies on hand, and a grill that's hot and ready? You make our Overstuffed Grilled Veggie Hoagie! Tender and caramelized veggies are the star in this zingy sandwich recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 portobello mushroom caps
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 red onion, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 (16-ounce) jar Italian mix giardiniera, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 6 slices provolone cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 (16-ounce) French bread, cut in half lengthwise
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Lightly brush vegetables with oil mixture.
- Place vegetables on grill and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender, turning them over once during grilling. Once grilling is complete, slice mushrooms.
- Layer bottom half of bread with eggplant, mushroom slices, red bell pepper, onion, giardiniera vegetables, and olives. Drizzle with remaining oil and place cheese on top. Cover with bread top, press down, and slice into quarters.
- Hope you left room for dessert, 'cause we suggest you grill up our Grilled Pineapple while you've got the barbecue all warmed up!
- No grill? No problem! You can cook up these vegetables easy by placing them on a baking sheet and roasting them for 25 - 30 minutes at 375 degrees or until tender.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your grandma's old-fashioned spaghetti. While grandma's traditional pasta is always delicious, sometimes we want to try something new. Our California Dreaming Pasta Toss is one of the best pasta recipes you've never heard about. The butter, walnuts, and spinach give it a fresh flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied. Trust us, once you try it, you'll be dreaming about making it again and again.