Smoked Mozzarella Watermelon Pumps
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 appetizer sandwiches
- 10 Min
Want to be the talk of the party circuit? Than our no fuss, fancy looking Smoked Mozzarella Watermelon Pumps, will have everyone raving. Juicy, ruby red watermelon is the star of this recipe that'll make you feel like a star in the kitchen.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups honey Dijon mustard
- 8 small Hawaiian or soft pumpernickel rolls, split
- 8 (1/4-inch thick) slices smoked mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices seedless watermelon, cut to same size as cheese slices
- 1 cup fresh alfalfa sprouts
What to Do
- Spread mustard on each of the cut sides of the rolls. Place a slice each of cheese and watermelon on each roll bottom and divide sprouts evenly over watermelon slices. Cover with roll tops and serve.
Smoked fresh mozzarella cheese can be found with specialty or gourmet cheeses at most supermarkets. It comes in ovals about 3 inches in diameter, which is the perfect size for this recipe. If the smoked mozzarella available in your market is larger, cut in half and use half-moon shapes. Plain fresh mozzarella can be substituted but the smoky flavor is terrific in the recipe. If you do use plain, try adding a drop or two of liquid smoke to the honey Dijon mustard.
- For more cool and refreshing recipes, click here.