Southwest Turkey Melts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Try our Southwest Turkey Melts for a tasty fiesta! Turkey, Pepper-Jack cheese, sourdough bread, and salsa make a great sandwich.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound sliced deli turkey
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices Pepper-Jack cheese
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, mayonnaise, and scallions; mix well.
- Divide turkey evenly over 4 slices of bread; top each with a slice of cheese. Spread salsa mixture evenly over cheese, then top with remaining slices of bread.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over low heat. Place sandwiches in skillet, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining butter to skillet then turn sandwiches over and cook 2 to 3 additional minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to cook these in 2 batches. Use additional butter as needed.