Southwest Turkey Melts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Try our Southwest Turkey Melts for a tasty fiesta! Turkey, Pepper-Jack cheese, sourdough bread, and salsa make a great sandwich.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound sliced deli turkey
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices Pepper-Jack cheese
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, mayonnaise, and scallions; mix well.
- Divide turkey evenly over 4 slices of bread; top each with a slice of cheese. Spread salsa mixture evenly over cheese, then top with remaining slices of bread.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over low heat. Place sandwiches in skillet, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining butter to skillet then turn sandwiches over and cook 2 to 3 additional minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to cook these in 2 batches. Use additional butter as needed.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!