The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Lighten Up! 20 Tasty Healthy Recipes for the New Year from Mr. Food
Apricot Skewered Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Sweet apricot preserves are kicked up with a little cayenne pepper in our recipe for Apricot Skewered Shrimp. This is a great change-of-pace way to serve skewered shrimp at your next cookout!
What You'll Need
- 4 wooden or metal skewers
- 1 1/4 pounds large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (20 to 25)
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
What to Do
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Thread 6 shrimp on each skewer; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Grill shrimp 6 to 8 minutes, basting both sides with apricot mixture about 3 times while cooking.
We recommend leaving the tails on the shrimp when you peel them because it makes them easier to eat and they look great that way, too!