Grilled Asian Pesto Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll have one happy tummy after you give this dish a try and believe us, you'll want to eat every last bite of this Grilled Asian Pesto Shrimp.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
What to Do
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; set shrimp aside.
- Process olive oil and next 7 ingredients in an electric blender until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Place pesto mixture in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp; seal bag securely, and shake until shrimp are coated. Marinate shrimp in refrigerator 1 to 3 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat the grill. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade; thread shrimp onto 12 (10-inch) skewers. Coat food rack with nonstick cooking spray, and place on grill over medium-hot coals (350 degrees to 400 degrees). Place skewers on rack, and grill, uncovered, 3 minutes on each side or until done.
You can substitute commercial pesto and 2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper for the pesto mixture that's made with olive oil, sesame oil, garlic, basil, green onion, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. But, my homemade pesto sauce really perks up fresh shrimp! For those who like a little heat, go ahead and marinate the shrimp longer to give them more punch. When it's time to thread the shrimp on the skewers, try my little trick to prevent the shrimp from twirling around?just thread them at both the head and the tail.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The glaze in this flavor-packed pork dish is made with an ingredient you may have never tried before. This ingredient adds a slightly salty, Asian flair to dishes and is great for cooking with, as well as dipping into. You'll have to try our recipe for Skillet Glazed Pork to see for yourself!