The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Plantation Shrimp Cocktail
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Look at the docks off Georgia or the Carolinas and you'll see lots of shrimping boats. What better way to serve up all that luscious shrimp than in a shrimp cocktail where the shrimp has cooked in cocktail sauce with veggies. Mmm!
What You'll Need
- 8 cups water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1 (12-ounce) jar cocktail sauce
What to Do
- In a large pot, bring the water, onion, and celery to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink; drain.
- Return the shrimp and vegetables to the pot, add the cocktail sauce, and cook over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes, or until heated through.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Serve on iceberg lettuce leaves to create a bowl that's both colorful and edible. It's a perfect appetizer or even a light dinner.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Best Ever Picnic Butter
When it comes to butter, we found a better way! Our Best Ever Picnic Butter is the perfect Memorial Day recipe because it makes everything better!