Scallops with Tomato Butter Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Blissful is the only way to describe these Scallops with Tomato Butter Sauce. When you taste these scallops in a creamy sauce we know you'll agree.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup seeded and diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to Do
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add scallops, and toss well. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Bring orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until reduced by half. Gently stir in butter, tomato, and parsley. Cook until thoroughly heated, stirring often; add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Preheat the grill. Remove scallops from marinade, discarding marinade; thread scallops onto 4 (12-inch) skewers. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray, and place over medium-hot coals (350 degrees to 400 degrees); place skewers on rack. Grill, covered, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until scallops are opaque. Remove from skewers, if desired. Serve with sauce. Garnish, if desired, with fresh rosemary sprigs.
Fresh herbs pump up the flavor of sea scallops before grilling. Accompany the scallops with bread, pasta, or rice. You can also serve smaller portions of these tangy scallops as appetizers.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 312
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19g 30 %
- Saturated Fat 8.5g 43 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 22g 44 %
- Cholesterol 71mg 24 %
- Sodium 1,063mg 44 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 3.7g 0 %