Chorizo and Black Bean Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mix together black beans, chorizo sausage, and lots of fresh vegetables, and what have you got? Scrumptious Chorizo and Black Bean Chili. Try it and see for yourself!
What You'll Need
- 2 (12-ounce) packages fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 3/4 cups reduced-fat less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Sour cream
What to Do
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
In a small bowl, mash 1 can black beans with a fork . In a 3-1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, combine sausage, mashed beans, remaining black beans, the onion, celery, carrot, chicken broth, oregano, lemon juice, pepper, and garlic.
Cover and cook on LOW setting 4 to 5 hours. Serve with sour cream.
Mashing 1 can of the black beans will help thicken the chili, making it ooh-so-good!
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your grandma's old-fashioned spaghetti. While grandma's traditional pasta is always delicious, sometimes we want to try something new. Our California Dreaming Pasta Toss is one of the best pasta recipes you've never heard about. The butter, walnuts, and spinach give it a fresh flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied. Trust us, once you try it, you'll be dreaming about making it again and again.