Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 4 Hr 15 Min
- READY IN
- 4 Hr 20 Min
For a meal that's super yummy without requiring a lot of kitchen work, turn to our Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas! This recipe is packed with family-pleasing flavors and ingredients that will keep their tummies full. In fact, this just may become their new favorite family meal!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 (19-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Zest of 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans or black beans, warmed
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, enchilada sauce, bouillon cubes, lime zest, and cumin; cook on low about 4 hours. Shred chicken and mix into the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place beans in the middle of a tortilla, then add the chicken mixture. Fold and place into casserole dish. Repeat process until you've filled the desired number of tortillas.
- Pour the remaining sauce and chicken mixture over the enchiladas.Top with cheese and bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- This recipe comes from Sara of the Budget-Savvy Diva! Her recipe was the first prize winner in our Search for the Ultimate Weeknight Meal Contest!
- To try more of Sara's fantastic recipes visit her blog: Budget Savvy Diva!
- Check out the 10 recipes that made it to the finals!
- Plus, if you loved these crock pot chicken enchiladas, be sure to check out our collection of Top 10 Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.