Vegetable Chickpea Curry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Vegetable Chickpea Curry is going to be your new favorite Indian dinner recipe! It tastes like heaven, and is super easy to make; just put it in your slow cooker and relax as you effortlessly entice your family with the tantalizing aroma of the Far East. All the heartiness of your favorite weeknight dinner, with all the veggies you can eat!
What You'll Need
- 1 (7.2-ounce) package herb butter rice
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (15-1/2-ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen seasoning blend (see Tip)
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes and zesty green chilies, undrained
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
What to Do
- Remove seasoning packet from rice package. In a 5-quart or larger slow cooker, combine seasoning packet, carrots, chickpeas, seasoning blend, green beans, tomatoes, broth, and curry; mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 5 hours. Stir in spinach, coconut milk, and rice. Increase heat to HIGH setting; cover and cook 1 hour or until rice is tender.
Test Kitchen Tips
- The seasoning blend in this recipe is a mix of chopped onions, chopped red and green bell pepper, and chopped parsley. If you can't find some in your freezer section, just use fresh!
- If you love Indian food as much as we do, you're in luck! Don't miss our fantastic Easy Butter Chicken or our delicious Tandoori Chicken. And we know you're going to love our Shortcut Tandoori Chicken Skewers alongside our Quick Chicken Curry.
- For our more international recipes, check out or collection of Tasty Recipes for Food Around the World!