Pork 'n' Cider Crisp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
How does this sound? Pork chops and fresh apple cooked in cider. Sound too good to be true? Well, it is true now. (It's like having apple crisp for dinner. Mmm!)
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 shoulder pork chops (1 to 2 pounds total), about 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup (stick) butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, completely coat pork chops with flour.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; add pork chops and cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes on each side, until browned. Add onion, salt, and apples; cover and cook an additional 10 minutes, turning chops once. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, mix well and add to skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken. Serve chops topped with sauce.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 480
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 23g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 56 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 38g 77 %
- Cholesterol 124mg 41 %
- Sodium 328mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 7 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.