Red Beans and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take a trip down to the "Bayou" with the long-cooked tastes of our slow-cooker Red Beans and Rice. This one's packed with lots of authentic New Orleans flavor without having to leave home.
What You'll Need:
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 (16-ounce) package andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen seasoning blend
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon prepared minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked converted long-grain rice (see note)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red beans, rinsed and drained
What To Do:
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, place all ingredients except beans; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 3-1/2 hours. Stir in beans; cover and cook on HIGH setting 30 minutes or until beans are thoroughly heated. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Converted long-grain rice is the best bet for this slow-cooker favorite because it requires a longer cooking time than regular white rice. And for authentic New Orleans flavor, be sure to use andouille sausage for its spicy, smoky flavor.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The key to making this red potato salad taste phenomenal is to use fresh dill. Our Dilly Dally Potato Salad recipe is a lightened-up version of one of your favorite potato salads. Everyone at your potluck will enjoy this tasty dish!