Red Beans and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take a trip down to the "Bayou" with the long-cooked tastes of our slow-cooker Red Beans and Rice. This one's packed with lots of authentic New Orleans flavor without having to leave home.
What You'll Need
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 (16-ounce) package andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen seasoning blend
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon prepared minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked converted long-grain rice (see note)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red beans, rinsed and drained
What to Do
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, place all ingredients except beans; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 3-1/2 hours. Stir in beans; cover and cook on HIGH setting 30 minutes or until beans are thoroughly heated. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Converted long-grain rice is the best bet for this slow-cooker favorite because it requires a longer cooking time than regular white rice. And for authentic New Orleans flavor, be sure to use andouille sausage for its spicy, smoky flavor.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!