Roasted Garlic Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fill your house with the rich aroma of roasted garlic and fresh rosemary with our slow cooker recipe for Roasted Garlic Chicken. This amazing chicken dish is from our "Cook it Slow, Cook it Fast" cookbook and is just one example of how making dinner in your slow cooker can be so rewarding.
What You'll Need
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (3-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil until hot. Brown half the chicken pieces on each side 3 to 5 minutes, turning once. Remove, add 2 more tablespoons oil, and brown remaining chicken. Place chicken in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining oil, the rosemary, salt, and pepper. Brush over chicken and add garlic cloves.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours (see Note), or on LOW 7 to 9 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- If cooking on HIGH, add 1/2 cup water.
- Be sure to serve with pan drippings to enjoy every last bit of flavor.
- Learn more about our Cook it Slow, Cook it Fast cookbook and find out how you can order your own copy by clicking here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cravin' some extra comfort after a long day? Our recipe for Weeknight Salisbury Steak will hit the spot! It's a comfort-food favorite that's melt-in-your-mouth tender and seasoned to perfection. Just try to resist licking your plate clean!