Buttered Cheddar Popcorn
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 cups
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Say cheese! Our Buttered Cheddar Popcorn is going to be your new favorite snack. It's an easy cheddar cheese popcorn that'll have you licking your fingers clean. Movie night just got a whole lot tastier!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese powder (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 12 cups popped popcorn
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together cheddar cheese powder, chili powder, and salt; set aside.
- Pour melted butter over popcorn and toss until thoroughly coated. Immediately pour cheese mixture over buttered popcorn and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread onto a large, rimmed baking sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture has dried out. Let cool completely, then serve or store in an airtight container.
- Cheddar cheese powder can be found in the popcorn section of the grocery store. However, if you're not able to find it, you can always use the cheese packet from a box of macaroni and cheese. For this recipe, you'll need just 1 packet.
- Don't forget to check out our recipes for Award-Winning Popcorn and Butter Toffee Popcorn, too!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an all-in-one skillet meal that your family is sure to love! Our All-in-One Sausage Dinner is made with your favorite Italian sausage, along with some veggies, and yummy egg noodles. Everything cooks together in a homemade sour cream sauce for extra-goodness. And it only takes about 30 minutes!