Crispy Jack O' Lanterns
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Dress up your crispy rice balls with spooky faces! This great Halloween recipe for Crispy Jack O' Lanterns is sure to bring out the kid in every member of your household!
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Yellow and red food colors
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 8 small Tootsie Rolls, unwrapped
- Assorted candies and cake decorating gels
What to Do
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick pot, combine marshmallows and butter over medium-low heat and cook for 5 minutes, or until melted and smooth. Remove pot from heat and add one drop at a time each of red and yellow food color until mixture reaches desired orange hue. Add cereal; stir until combined.
- Coat your hands with cooking spray then shape cereal mixture into 8 same-sized balls; place on prepared baking sheet and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Press a Tootsie Roll into the top of each cereal ball to form stems. Using candies and/or decorating gel, make a jack-o'-lantern face on each crispy rice ball. Serve immediately, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 256
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.2g 4 %
- Cholesterol 12mg 4 %
- Sodium 187mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 53g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 26g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.