Homemade Onion Rings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Recreate the fast-food tastes of yesterday with this recipe. Our Homemade Onion Rings are restaurant-quality, so your gang's gonna be asking for them again and again!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups club soda
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 large sweet yellow onions, cut into 3/8-inch thick slices and separated into rings
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk club soda into mixture.
- In a large soup pot, heat 2 inches of oil over medium heat until hot, but not smoking. Dip each onion ring into the batter, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl. Fry a few onion rings at a time for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden, turning once during cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't find any red sauce here! Spaghetti Carbonara is a traditional Italian dish that's made with spaghetti pasta, bacon, and cheese. It's a creamy pasta dish that's kind of addicting. Once you try our easy recipe for spaghetti carbonara, we have a feeling you'll be having it a lot more often.