Homemade Onion Rings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Recreate the fast-food tastes of yesterday with this recipe. Our Homemade Onion Rings are restaurant-quality, so your gang's gonna be asking for them again and again!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups club soda
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 large sweet yellow onions, cut into 3/8-inch thick slices and separated into rings
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk club soda into mixture.
- In a large soup pot, heat 2 inches of oil over medium heat until hot, but not smoking. Dip each onion ring into the batter, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl. Fry a few onion rings at a time for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden, turning once during cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter before serving.