Fresh Chunky Tex Mex Salsa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 1/2 cups
- 5 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
Most of us know that jalapeÃ±o peppers taste hot. But did you know that if you don't handle them carefully, the oils in the peppers could irritate your skin? Be sure to handle them with care, because their heat and special flavor add so much to our favorite foods that they're worth the extra effort.
What You'll Need
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What to Do
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
For medium salsa, add an extra 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper. For hot salsa, add an extra 1/4 teaspoon.