We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Queso is one of our favorite hot dip recipes to serve up when we're having a few friends over for a movie night. Serve it up with a bowl of tortillas, pretzels, celery sticks, and more, and you're guaranteed to have yourself a cozy night in. Warm yourself up a batch this weekend, and watch it disappear before your eyes!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beer (not dark)
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
What To Do:
- Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan over low heat; add chopped green chilies and minced onion, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- Whisk in flour, and cook 1 minute. Whisk in milk and beer, and cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Add shredded cheese by 1/2 cupfuls, stirring until melted after each addition. Stir in ground cumin and salt. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Keep the queso warm by serving it in a small slow cooker or in a microwavable dish, so it can be easily reheated, if needed.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.