We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Queso is one of our favorite hot dip recipes to serve up when we're having a few friends over for a movie night. Serve it up with a bowl of tortillas, pretzels, celery sticks, and more, and you're guaranteed to have yourself a cozy night in. Warm yourself up a batch this weekend, and watch it disappear before your eyes!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beer (not dark)
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
What to Do
- Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan over low heat; add chopped green chilies and minced onion, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- Whisk in flour, and cook 1 minute. Whisk in milk and beer, and cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Add shredded cheese by 1/2 cupfuls, stirring until melted after each addition. Stir in ground cumin and salt. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Keep the queso warm by serving it in a small slow cooker or in a microwavable dish, so it can be easily reheated, if needed.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.