Cheesy Mac and Chicken Soup
This creamy chicken cheese soup is made by combining beloved mac and cheese with chicken soup. Yum, yum!
- COOK TIME
- 6 Hr
This one is like a hearty, warm hug. Yes, our Cheesy Mac and Chicken Soup literally cooks itself in a slow cooker! This delicious macaroni and cheese cream chicken soup is so easy and gratifying.
Instead of coming home and having to make dinner from scratch, you can come home to a creamy, rich bowl of soup that is as comforting as can be without the wait! What could be better than that, especially on a busy weeknight?
The secret to this must-make cheese chicken soup is the shortcuts, from using a slow cooker to using frozen macaroni and cheese and canned chicken soup. Give this a try and let us know how your family liked it!
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (16-ounce) package pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (20-ounce) package frozen macaroni and cheese
Cheesy Mac and Chicken Soup Recipe Directions
In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine chicken broth, mixed vegetables, cream of chicken soup, and cooked chicken.
Cover and cook on LOW setting 4 hours. Add cheese and frozen macaroni and cheese. Cover and cook on LOW setting 2 additional hours, or until cheese melts and soup is thoroughly heated.
- To keep this recipe really easy, you can use leftover cooked chicken or a rotisserie chicken.
Do you love this cheesy chicken soup?
Let us know in the comments below!
Read NextQuick Lobster Bisque