Chilled Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's surprising to note that French-sounding vichyssoise, which is a style of chilled potato soup, was created in New York City. Our recipe for a version of this favorite creamy Chilled Potato Soup is can easily add elegance to your entertaining.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
What to Do
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Add the chicken broth, potatoes, celery, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Bring to a boil; cover and let boil for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Chill the mixture for at least 2 hours, or until well chilled.
- Place it in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl and add the half-and-half and milk; mix well. Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Chopped scallions are the perfect colorful topper to add just before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 314
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 8.8g 44 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 8.1g 16 %
- Cholesterol 43mg 14 %
- Sodium 703mg 29 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.4g 22 %
- Sugars 6.6g 0 %