Chilled Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's surprising to note that French-sounding vichyssoise, which is a style of chilled potato soup, was created in New York City. Our recipe for a version of this favorite creamy Chilled Potato Soup is can easily add elegance to your entertaining.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
What to Do
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Add the chicken broth, potatoes, celery, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Bring to a boil; cover and let boil for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Chill the mixture for at least 2 hours, or until well chilled.
- Place it in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl and add the half-and-half and milk; mix well. Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Chopped scallions are the perfect colorful topper to add just before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 314
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 8.8g 44 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 8.1g 16 %
- Cholesterol 43mg 14 %
- Sodium 703mg 29 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.4g 22 %
- Sugars 6.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.