The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Chunky Tomato Rice Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Tomato soup is so familiar to us that we might think it's kind of boring. But what if we add some rice and chunky tomatoes? We promise...instead of being bored, you're gonna be wowed!
What You'll Need
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped (see Note)
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups (two 5.5-ounce cans) tomato vegetable juice
- 1 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove cover and cook 10 more minutes. Serve hot.
To use fresh tomatoes instead of canned, place 5 medium-sized tomatoes in a pot of boiling water for 10 seconds. Remove the tomatoes with a slotted spoon and allow to cool slightly. Peel and coarsely chop. Combine with the remaining ingredients and proceed as directed.
Jan 30, 2013
Don't forget to add sugar!!! one tablespoon of sugar cuts the acid of the tomatoes for those of us who have delicate stomachs! I ust a bit of sugar in my marinara sauce, too.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Warm Bacon Dressing
Mmm! Any salad would love to be dressed with this easy-to-make Warm Bacon Dressing! But don't stop there...it's great over almost any vegetables.