Creamy New England Clam Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
New Englanders are very proud of their "chowda," and you'll be proud, too, when you serve this easy version tonight.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups milk
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, sauté the onions in the butter for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Add the clams, clam juice, chicken broth, potatoes, salt, pepper, and parsley; cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the milk. Add to the soup pot, then bring to a boil. Cook until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Makes about 7 cups.