Deli-Style Beef Barley Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our recipe for Deli-Style Beef Barley Soup is so authentic-tasting, it'll have you wondering whether someone swapped yours with one from your favorite deli. This nutritious and hearty soup is great for cold winter nights, 'cause it'll warm your heart and your tummy.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound beef chuck steak, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup pearled barley
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add beef and toss until evenly coated.
- In a soup pot over high heat, heat oil; add beef and brown on all sides 5 to 7 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook 45 to 50 minutes, or until barley is tender.
Some crusty bread and maybe a Tossed Garden Salad and you've got a delicious meal!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 311
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 5.6g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.8g 0 %
- Protein 25g 49 %
- Cholesterol 51mg 17 %
- Sodium 2,801mg 117 %
- Total Carbohydrates 21g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.8g 15 %
- Sugars 2.0g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our All American Skillet Goulash takes a few tasty liberties with traditional goulash and makes an all American goulash that's praise-worthy. Wait 'til you taste our budget-friendly, skillet version that is pure hearty comfort food.