Brie Mushroom Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is not your grandmother's mushroom soup recipe! Our Brie Mushroom Soup will take your taste buds to a whole new level. The rich elegance of brie makes this mushroom soup a standout!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, skin removed, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and flour; blend until smooth then set aside.
- In a soup pot, combine the chicken broth, cremini and shiitake mushrooms, onion, and black pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add butter mixture, stirring until soup is thickened. Slowly stir in heavy cream, mixing well (see Tip). Add cheese, stirring constantly, until melted. Serve immediately.
- Preparation Tip: Heat this and any cream soup slowly. Never let it come to a boil because that may cause it to separate.
- For more tasty mushroom ideas, check out our collection of 28 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.