Kielbasa and Black Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Kielbasa is just another name for Polish sausage. You'll love the way this smoked pork sausage adds robust flavor to this soup.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound kielbasa, sliced
- 1 green, red, or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup picante sauce or salsa
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
What to Do
- Saute kielbasa in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until sausage begins to brown. Add bell pepper; saute 1 minute.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add beans and picante sauce, and simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Top each serving with cilantro, if desired.
If you're worried about fat and calories, try using turkey kielbasa instead of the traditional version.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 186
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 1.6g 8 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 15g 31 %
- Cholesterol 30mg 10 %
- Sodium 1,237mg 52 %
- Total Carbohydrates 20g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.0g 24 %
- Sugars 2.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!