The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Lentil, Brown Rice, and Spinach Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
Lentils, brown rice, and spinach? Talk about a healthy soup recipe! Our Lentil, Brown Rice, and Spinach Soup recipe is one of those recipes you cook up when you feel a cold coming on 'cause it's got those healthy ingredients that are sure to make you feel better. Cozy on up with a bowl, and you're in for a good night.
What You'll Need
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, bring broth, lentils, rice, tomatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer about 40 minutes, or until lentils and rice are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach, vinegar, and black pepper. Return to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to break up spinach. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bacon and Horseradish Deviled Eggs
The taste bud tingling flavor of horseradish adds a zesty flair to our Bacon and Horseradish Deviled Eggs. This party-pleaser has the added flavor of smoky bacon bits sure to delight your hungry guests.