Lentil, Brown Rice, and Spinach Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lentils, brown rice, and spinach? Talk about a healthy soup recipe! Our Lentil, Brown Rice, and Spinach Soup recipe is one of those recipes you cook up when you feel a cold coming on 'cause it's got those healthy ingredients that are sure to make you feel better. Cozy on up with a bowl, and you're in for a good night.
What You'll Need
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, bring broth, lentils, rice, tomatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer about 40 minutes, or until lentils and rice are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach, vinegar, and black pepper. Return to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to break up spinach. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.